Reporting to: Workshop Foreman
Responsible For: Undertaking works to specification. Drilling, Cutting, Burning, Bending, Welding, Punching & Cropping
Hours of Work: Core hours are between 07:30 am –16:00 pm, with a high degree of flexibility required to meet the demands of the business.
Main Purpose of Job:
- The creation of new structures or objects and/or the repair existing ones
- Responsible for setting up, laying out and tacking up various precision frame weldments and brackets
- To tack up structures to tight tolerances
- To weld up structures to tight tolerances
Key Skills / Attributes:
- Ability to hold final required finish of frame weldments using angle grinders and sanders
- Use overhead cranes in a safe manner
- Move parts and heavy frame weldments on and off work tables and levels.
- Ability to use variety of tools and equipment
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read blueprints and recognize welding symbols and specifications
- Knowledge of industry specific safety practices
- Carry out necessary checks and quality assurance of products as per customer specifications.
- Assist with putting forward any suggestions for continual improvement.
- Maintaining safe working practices within the work place.
- Any other duties commensurate within this position and skill set required
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read Technical Drawings: Welder Fabricators must be able to read and interpret blueprints and engineering plans. The Welder Fabricator will use the blueprints along with other data, such as work plans, to develop and design their welding projects
- Fabricate Metal Objects: Fabrication involves laying out, cutting, fitting, measuring and welding metals to create the desired shape or object.
- Inspect Work and Equipment: A Welder Fabricator must constantly inspect and test welds and equipment. Welds are checked for durability as well as meeting specified standards and equipment must be examined to determine if repairs or new equipment is needed.
KGJ Price (Railway Contractors) Ltd., is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds. We therefore welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of sex, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, trans identity, relationship status, religion or belief, caring responsibilities, or age.
KGJ Price (Railway Contractors) Ltd., directly employ all of our staff and do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.