PTS General Operative
Job Description - PTS General Operative
This role is based on a 39-hour working week, Monday to Friday with a high degree of flexibility according to operational needs.
Training will be provided for the right candidate(s). However, ideally, they will have skills or attributes to include;
- Experience of working within the railway environment
- A Personal Track Safety card
Work will be undertaken at our fixed premises in South Wales and at various locations throughout the UK. Candidates should be aware that they may be required to stay away during the working week (accommodation will be provided).
Salary & Benefits are competitive.
Main Responsibilities (to be carried out anywhere in the UK)
- Installation of Permanent Way Plain Line, S&C, and associated operations
- Maintenance of P-Way components
- Patrolling & Inspection of P-Way and associated duties
- Attending emergency call-out operations
- General labouring duties in yards & on sites
- Re-railing of derailed locomotives & wagons
- Good housekeeping of working areas and vehicles
- Attending training courses as required
- Compliance with conditions of contract(s)
- Ensuring necessary Personal Protective Equipment is maintained and worn correctly
- Any other duties (deemed reasonable) as required by the Company
KGJ Price (Railway Contractors) Ltd., is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds. We therefore welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of sex, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, trans identity, relationship status, religion or belief, caring responsibilities, or age.
KGJ Price (Railway Contractors) Ltd., directly employ all of our staff and do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.