Job Description - Installation Manager
This role is based on a 39-hour working week, Monday to Friday with a high degree of flexibility according to operational needs.
Training will be provided for the right candidate(s). However, ideally, they will have skills or attributes to include;
- An in-depth knowledge of railway operations
- PTS card & COSS/IWA as a minimum
Ideally the post applicant will be computer literate and hold academic qualifications such as; HNC Civil Engineering, SSOWP, Handback Engineer, Temporary Works Coordinator, SMSTS, etc.
Subject to the Terms & Conditions of Contract, it will be required that some travel, overnight stays, and shift pattern changes will be necessary to fully perform duties & activities.
Salary & Benefits are competitive and negotiable.
Main Responsibilities (to be carried out anywhere in the UK)
- Undertake site & railway inspections and provide detailed track status reports
- Develop project plans and scopes of work based on the inspection reports
- Provide the Snr Installation Manager clear and precise feedback on the status of planned
- To ensure delegated areas of the contracts are completed in line with standards and
- Demonstrate works are completed to SHEQ policies & procedures.
- Manage people, time, plant, materials, & sub-contractors in line with the programme.
- Check, control and authorise, within defined limits, purchase requisitions.
- Maintain supplier relations in line
- Communicate programme requirements to staff.
- Produce written reports, e. g. accident investigation, monthly progress reports etc.
- Assist in the management of internal interfaces with Testing, Design & Installation etc.
- Liaise with the appropriate Network Rail representatives in order to establish required line
- possessions (when applicable)
- Ensure that a comprehensive Daily Diary of site activities and events are produced and
- kept for each project
- Undertake other duties as needed
KGJ Price (Railway Contractors) Ltd., is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds. We therefore welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of sex, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, trans identity, relationship status, religion or belief, caring responsibilities, or age.
KGJ Price (Railway Contractors) Ltd., directly employ all of our staff and do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.